How can I contact animal control?
Animal control provides assistance for nuisance animal complaints, stray and unwanted animal pick-up, live trapping for nuisance animals (oppossums, ground hogs, etc.), quarantines animals involved in bites to monitor rabies, and provides for control of animal abuse. Call the Joplin Health Department at (417) 623-6122 (after hours and weekends, call (417) 623-3131) to contact animal control.

Show All Answers

1. What is public health?
2. What services does the health department provide to the community?
3. How can I access more FAQs by category?
4. What should I do if I get an animal bite?
5. How can I contact animal control?
6. Where can I learn about animal ownership and care?
7. Is there an animal shelter in town?
8. Where can I get a dog or cat license?
9. What laws does the city have regarding dogs?
10. Are their regulations on stray dogs and rabies control?