How can I find out about local forestry services?
For information on the following services, call a Code Enforcement Officer at (417) 624-0820 ext. 525 & 526:
Permission to plant trees or shrubs in the street right-of-way (parking area), drainage ways or park areas;
Dead or hazardous tree removal in the street or park areas;
Permission to remove trees near public streets;
Dead or hazardous trees on private property (the city can enforce tree removal or pruning for unsafe conditions); Tree limbs encroaching on private property and not dangerous must be resolved between property owners.

For policy suggestions to the Tree Advisory Board, call the City Clerk’s Office at 624-0820 ext. 220.

Show All Answers

1. Who can I have perform concrete work within the city?
2. How do I learn about City construction projects?
3. Where can I learn about economic development?
4. Where can I learn about City engineering projects?
5. How to I find flood plain information?
6. How can I find out about local forestry services?
7. Do I have to have my house numbered?
8. Should I report a damaged or missing manhole lid?
9. Can I request a location for a pedestrian crossing?
10. Can I petition for a City project?
11. How can I learn about the use of a public right-of-way?
12. Can I protest a current engineering project?
13. How do I know when a public hearing on an engineering project will be?
14. Can I report an unsafe railroad crossing?
15. Where do I inquire about special assessments for projects?
16. How can I learn more about speed limits or check for speed limit changes?
17. Can I learn more about storm water sewers?
18. How do I find out about street closures?
19. How do I find out about street construction?
20. Can I report problems with street lighting/a lack of street lighting?
21. Can I request street maintenance?
22. Where can I find out about street paving?
23. Can I request a street sweeping?
24. How do I report a traffic signal that is not working?