How can I find information about local forestry services?
  • For information on the following, please contact a Code Enforcement Officer at 417-624-0820 ext. 1518:
    • Permission to plant trees or shrubs in the street right-of-way (parking area), drainage ways or park areas;
    • Dead or hazardous tree removal in the street or park areas;
    • Permission to remove trees near public streets;
    • Dead or hazardous trees on private property (the city can enforce tree removal or pruning for unsafe conditions); 
    • Tree limbs encroaching on private property and not dangerous must be resolved between property owners.
  • To make policy suggestions to the City’s Tree Advisory Board, please call the Joplin Parks and Recreation Department at 417-625-4750.

Show All Answers

1. How many parks does Joplin have?
2. What are the park hours for city parks?
3. How do I reserve a picnic shelter?
4. When are restrooms and water fountains closed and open for the season?
5. Where can I find out about youth sports leagues?
6. How do I find rainout Information about softball and baseball leagues?
7. What do I do if I lose or find an item in a park or athletic field?
8. Are dogs allowed in the ballparks and soccer fields?
9. How do I learn about recreation activities?
10. How do I register for a program or activity?
11. How do I learn about local swimming pools?
12. Where do I purchase a pool membership?
13. Are their regulations for local swimming pools and spas?
14. How do I register for the dog park?
15. Where can I learn more about the City golf course?
16. Are golf lessons offered?
17. Do the golf course hours vary in the winter months?
18. Where can I learn about local bicycle laws?
19. What are city regulations in regards to fireworks?
20. Is there information on nature and trails in the area?
21. Where can I get a fishing license?
22. How can I find information about local forestry services?
23. How do I find out more about park buildings and grounds maintenance?
24. Can I use a metal detector in a park?
25. What does the City do with old playground equipment?