How do I get my property/evidence back?
Come to the records division of the police department at 303 E. 3rd Street and fill out and turn in a property and evidence release form. The form will then be sent to the assigned police officer or detective who will sign off on it then the evidence technician will call you to schedule an appointment to pick up your property/evidence.

Our evidence technician works Monday through Friday 8:00 to 3:00, so it will be during those days and hours that your appointment will be made. Property/evidence cannot be released on weekends. Due to international police accreditation standards, as well as department policy, property and evidence can only be released by an evidence custodian.Property and Evidence Release Form

Show All Answers

1. How do I compliment an officer?
2. How do I file a complaint?
3. When can I come to the police department to get fingerprinted?
4. How do I obtain a local background check?
5. How do I get a police report?
6. How do I get an accident report?
7. How soon can I get my accident or incident report?
8. How do I get an abandoned property tow form?
9. How do I get my property/evidence back?
10. How do I obtain a liquor license? Taxi license? Security license?
11. How do I report graffiti?
12. How do I report a crime?
13. What happens after my report is filed?
14. What is a telephone report?
15. When are 911 calls appropriate?
16. What do I do if I am in an accident?
17. Who do I contact to get information on starting a Neighborhood Watch Program?
18. I am moving to Joplin. Can I obtain crime statistics for a particular neighborhood?
19. Where is the courthouse located?
20. How do I get someone out of jail?
21. What are the jail visiting hours?
22. What can I bring/not bring to my relative or friend in jail?