Are there regulations on City water?

This City of Joplin program regulates the connections between drinking water and non-drinkable water piping systems. For information on requirements for installation and testing of back-flow prevention devices, call the Building and Code Inspection Division at (417) 624-0820 ext. 1523.

Missouri American Water, a private company, is the local water utility service provider. Contact their company at   To notify them about service connection or disconnection, Residential and commercial customers may also call Customer Service at 1-866-430-0820 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. to speak with one of our experienced customer service representatives. Or visit their site at .

Show All Answers

1. How can I get a building plan review?
2. How can I get a building permit?
3. Are there regulations on City water?
4. Should I have my fire plan reviewed?
5. How do I set a fire safety inspection?
6. Who do I call about inspections?