News Flash Home
The original item was published from 7/5/2013 1:56:44 PM to 7/13/2013 12:05:01 AM.

News Flash


Posted on: July 5, 2013

[ARCHIVED] Magazine Solicitors

Anyone that is selling magazines in the City of Joplin is required to have a solicitor’s license which is obtained from City Hall. Once they receive a license, they are required to carry the license with them. If you are contacted by someone that is selling magazines or any other product and you are suspicious of their behavior, you should request to see their solicitor’s license. If they do not have a license, then call the Police Department and an officer will respond to investigate the situation further.

A good practice to have is if you did not call and request that someone come to your residence, then do not allow them to enter your residence without first asking for proper identification. If they become insistent that they enter your residence, then call your local police department and they will assist you.

Facebook Twitter Email