Dryer Fire, 1602 S Sergeant, Joplin, Mo.
The Joplin Fire Department responded to a report of smoke coming from 1602 S Sergeant. Time of call was 1817 hours Sunday evening, 21 April. Fire crews arrived on the scene at 1822 hours to find light smoke showing from a basement window. Crews advanced through the kitchen to the basement where they found a dryer with some clothes on fire. They extinguished the fire and ventilated the room. Crews remained on scene until 1920 hours.
5 Joplin Fire units and 19 Joplin Fire personnel responded, along with the JPD, and METS.
No one was injured on the scene.
The cause of the fire was determined to be overheated clothes.