Structure Fire, 2644 E 32nd, Joplin, Mo.
The Joplin Fire Department responded to a report of smoke in a room at the Hilton Garden Inn, 2644 E 32nd, at 0343 hours Monday morning, 04 February. Fire crews arrived on the scene at 0347 hours to find a small fire in the room. A candle was left on the side of the hot tub and had burned down to the tub surface. The fire was extinguished and a fan was used to remove the smoke.
1 Joplin Fire units and 4 Joplin Fire personnel responded, along with JPD. No one was injured on the scene. Crews remained on scene until 0432 hours.
The cause of the smoke was determined to be an unattended candle.
Public Information Officer
Joplin Fire Department