The Joplin Fire Department responded to a report of an electrical smell at 307 N Joplin, at 1251 hours Wednesday afternoon, 30 January. Fire crews arrived on the scene at 1300 hours to find Mr. Christian Daniels, home owner, who stated he smelled an odor all day and had turned off all the electrical breakers to the home. A fire crew inspected the house and found a hot spot in the attic, producing a light haze of smoke. The fire was extinguished and Empire District Electric Company disconnected the power to the home.
3 Joplin Fire units and 9 Joplin Fire personnel responded, along with JPD. No one was injured on the scene. Crews remained on scene until 1351 hours.
The cause of the smoke was determined to be electrical in nature.