FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 24, 2017
SUBJECT: Dryer Fire at 2644 E 32nd St (Hilton Garden Inn)
- CONTACT: Keith Stammer, Joplin Fire Department
- The Joplin Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 2644 # 32nd St. on Thursday, 23 March, at 10:19 PM. The first crew arrived at 10:21 PM and was met by employees advising the laundry room was on fire. Crews found a large volume of smoke coming from the laundry room and fire was visible inside one of the commercial dryer units. Employees had already used dry chemical prior to the arrival of the FD. The fire was extinguished by fire crews who then used ventilation to clear the smoke and dry chemical. Crews remained on scene 11:37 PM.
- The City Health Department was notified and asked to respond due to smoke and chemical extinguisher discharge in the area of the kitchen.
- There were no injuries to civilians or firefighting crews.
- The Fire Department responded with 5 apparatus and 14 personnel and was assisted by the Joplin Police Department and METS Ambulance Service.
For more information, contact the Joplin Fire Department at 623-0403 or 624-0820 ext. 1300.