FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 9, 2016
SUBJECT: Structure Fire at 1609 E Falcon St (Clean Uniform Co.)
- CONTACT: James Furgerson, Fire Chief, Joplin Fire Department
- The Joplin Fire Department responded to a commercial building fire at 1609 E Falcon St on Friday, 09 December, at 6:37 PM. The first crew arrived at 6:44 PM and found heavy smoke inside the building. Fire crews made a quick attack on the fire and were able to confine the fire to two large pantry style bins. The fire was brought under control at 7:04 PM and completely extinguished by 7:28 PM. Crews ventilated the building using the rooftop ventilation fans, then rolled the two bins outside for overhaul.
- There were no injuries to civilians or firefighting crews.
- The fire department responded with 6 apparatus and 14 personnel and was assisted by the Joplin Police Department and METS Ambulance Service as well as Webb City FD acting as automatic mutual aid.
- The fire was investigated, found to have started in a bin, and was declared accidental in nature.
For more information, contact the Joplin Fire Department at 623-0403 or 624-0820 ext. 1300.
# # #