FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 16, 2015
SUBJECT: Structure Fire at 1030 S. Roosevelt
CONTACT: James Furgerson, Fire Chief, Joplin Fire Department
JFD responded to 1030 S. Roosevelt at 7:48 pm Tuesday night to a report of a structure fire. The first arriving crew found a single story duplex with smoke coming from the attic. Personnel made an aggressive attack on the fire and placed it under control within fifteen minutes. The duplex owned by Mary Simonson was occupied by Cindy Jarosz, however, no one was home at the time of the fire. Fire damage was contained to one room with smoke and heat damage throughout as well as damage to the adjacent apartment. The Red Cross was notified to assist the occupants. Eighteen JFD fire units staffing six apparatus responded to the incident, there were no injuries. The cause of the fire appeared to be an accidental fire due to malfunctioning electrical equipment.
Deputy Chief of Operations
Joplin Fire Department
417-624-0820 Ext. 301