I just got off the phone with the NWS for yet another conference call concerning the projected rain and flooding today thru Friday Here is a summary of the call:
1. Flash flood warnings include Jasper County and surrounding counties.
2. Expect rainfall rates of 1.5 to 2.5 inches per hour.
3. New rain accumulations of 2-4 inches.
4. The main area of concern is along and south of I-44.
5. Please note that, since the ground is already saturated, it won't take much rain to produce flash flooding.
6. Timing will run from now into this evening, over the next 6-8 hours
Keith Stammer, Director
Joplin / Jasper County Emergency Management