Do you want to make a difference in Joplin? If so, the Citizen Advisory Committee is a great opportunity to do so!
The Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) is a group of citizens who provide input and hold the Joplin Police Department accountable. The committee assists command staff in reviewing local policies and programs and providing feedback and suggestions for improvement.
This committee meets at least once a month. Command staff may call special meetings as they see fit.
- Committee members are civilians (non-sworn police personnel) who are at least 18 years of age and reside or own a business within the corporate city limits of Joplin, Missouri.
- Members are appointed and removed at the discretion of the committee and the Chief of Police.
- Committee membership shall not exceed 11 persons.
- Members serve without compensation.
- Committee members cannot be City of Joplin employees and cannot hold any other public office or a position on a City board or commission.
- Committee members will be removed if they miss three consecutive meetings during any calendar year. Committee members determine whether an absence is excused.
- Members serve a 3-year term, with an option of one additional term served.
The committee is currently full. However, when the next member opening comes available we will accept applications for new members.