- Public Works
- Engineering Division
Engineering Division Overview
The Engineering team consists of Engineers, Inspectors, Technicians, Surveyors, Project Managers, and Administrative support. The division supervises and manages a variety of contractors responsible for the design and construction for many projects in the City's right-of-way. It also is responsible for Utility Cut coordination, annual specifications and standards for construction, and traffic studies.
What does the Engineering Division do for you?
The Joplin Engineering Division is responsible for the planning, design, and construction management for all Public Works projects within the City's public right-of-way. Projects may include road construction and improvements, traffic signals, street signs and lights, or sanitary and storm sewer improvements. The Engineering Division also is responsible for establishing the City's standards and specifications for construction within the public right-of-way to ensure projects are built to the Public's best interests. The Engineering Division works in cooperation with many other City Departments/Divisions to ensure compliance with access and drainage requirements in the planning and maintenance of developments throughout the City.
The City of Joplin's Traffic Commission is a Council-appointed board of citizens responsible for making recommendations to the City Council regarding traffic matters such as speed limits, placement of traffic signals, parking or removal of parking along city streets, traffic flow on city streets, and placement of stop signs.
- 2021 Standards and Specifications (PDF)
- 2021 Standard Details (PDF)
- 2023- CDBG Joplin Construction Contract Form
- 2023- Federal Fund Joplin Construction Contract Form
- 2023- Local Fund Joplin Construction Contract Form
- 2023-Joplin Consulting Agreement
- 2023-Joplin Engineering Amendment to Work Authorization Form
- 2023-Joplin Engineering Work Authorization Form
- Certification for Payment Form - CDBG/Planning Involvement
- Certification for Payment Form Local Funding
- Flood Questionnaire Joplin
- Change Order Form
- Scope of Services
- Oversize Load Application @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>