What About Carjacking
Carjacking, or stealing a car by force, has captured headlines in the last few years. Statistically, your chances of being a carjacking victim are very slim and preventative actions can reduce the risk even more.
Tips to Avoid Carjacking
- Approach your car with the key in hand. Look around and inside before getting in.
- Be especially alert at intersections, gas stations, ATMs, shopping malls, convenience and grocery stores - all are windows of opportunity for carjackers.
- If the carjacker has a weapon, give up the car with no questions asked. Your life is worth more than a car.
- Park in well-lighted areas with good visibility, close to walkways, stores, and people.
- When driving, keep your car doors locked and windows rolled up at all times.