In order to test, applicants must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be legally entitled to work in the U.S.
- Have a valid driver’s license
Each member department maintains its own hiring prerequisites, which are available on their websites. Some college education is desirable, as are EMT, Firefighter II, and Paramedic certifications. Certain departments prefer applicants with EMT certification, but it is not required to take this test.
All new Joplin fire personnel must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have Missouri-certified Firefighter 1 and 2 or certification in Firefighter 1 and 2 from an International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) State or ProBoard
- Be a Missouri-licensed Emergency Medical Technician or National-Registered Emergency Medical Technician
- Possess a valid driver's license
To apply, view the City of Joplin Firefighter / EMT job description
and download a job application
A practice video test is available for purchase at https://ergopracticetests.com/?FTB