Just got off the phone with the Springfield Office of the NWS regarding the flooding potential for this weekend. Here is a quick summary:
- Changing weather pattern ahead, conducive to heavy rainfall and flooding.
- The ground is saturated, so any rain should run off into the ditches and roads, rather than soak into the ground. The streams are already running high.
- Most areas will see 3-6 inches of rainfall, with 8+ inches, likely south and east of I-44.
- Showers likely Friday day. Friday PM will see heavier rain, into Saturday day and evening, winding down Sunday.
- Jasper County – Spring River – Moderate flooding is a real possibility, as is it for Shoal Creek. Low water crossing may become impassable.
- Friday Evening – there is a risk for severe weather so stay tuned for updates.
Please stay tuned to your favorite weather source(s) for any new updates over the next several days.