FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 28, 2017
SUBJECT: Structure Fire at 130 N Jackson
CONTACT: Keith Stammer, Joplin Fire Department
The Joplin Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 130 N Jackson on Saturday, 28 January, at 2:34 AM. The first crew arrived at 2:38 AM and found a single story wood frame home with light smoke showing. The occupant was standing in the front yard and stated that smoke was coming from his back bedroom. Crews entered the structure and used a Thermal Imaging Camera to find the fire in the attic above the living room. Crews were able extinguish the fire and used salvage tarps to cover the area. The fire was declared out at 3:00 AM and crews remained on scene until 4:14 AM.
The structure was occupied by James L Roush and owned by Sharon Worden.
There were no injuries to civilians or firefighting crews.
The fire department responded with 6 apparatus and 17 personnel and was assisted by the Joplin Police Department and METS Ambulance Service.
The fire was ruled accidental, cause was electrical.
For more information, contact the Joplin Fire Department at 623-0403 or 624-0820 ext. 1300.
# # #