FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 5, 2016
SUBJECT: Structure Fire at 2318 W. 4th
- CONTACT: James Furgerson, Fire Chief, Joplin Fire Department
- The Joplin Fire Department responded to a structure at 2318 W. 4th on Saturday, 04 December, at 6:08 AM. The first crew arrived at 6:15 AM and found a single story vacant home fully involved. Fire crews made a defensive attack and were able to confine the fire to the structure of origin. Once the fire was brought under control, crews were able to enter the structure to complete extinguishment. The fire was brought under control by 6:45 AM and completely extinguished by 8:00 AM.
- There were no injuries to civilian or firefighting crews.
- The fire department responded with 6 apparatus and 23 personnel and was assisted by the Joplin Police Department and METS Ambulance Service.
- The fire was investigated by the Joplin Fire Marshall. The cause of the fire was determined to be incendiary in nature and remains under investigation by both the Joplin Police and Fire Departments.
For more information, contact the Joplin Fire Department at 623-0403 or 624-0820 ext 1300.
# # #